Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hello There

Welcome to my blog!

Today I had an eye-opening experience - I visited several of my friends' blogs for the first time.


I have always had a fear of online posting. To me, it would mean putting something out there for anyone to read. What if I didn't want strangers to see it? What could I possibly say that people would want to read? What if my grammer is really horrible?

Today, however, I realized the pure awesomeness of the blog. In ten minutes, I was able to see what three of my really good friends have been up to over the past two months. I got to see the new things that they're interested in and the things they have written about their lives. It is amazing to me how much you can learn about people you've known for years, simply by reading what they write!

So now I feel like I finally understand the blog. It's not something that strangers are necessarily going to read and critique at all. It's not a place where only people who are really clever and interesting can write. It's just a way to stay connected to the people I care about. And since a lot of my friends are doing exciting things right now and are moving to exciting new places, that is more important to me now than it has ever been.

So that is the purpose of this blog - to find out about all of the exciting things that are happening in the lives of my friends and family and to share some of the events that are happening in my life as well. And everyone will just have to forgive my horrible grammer.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAURA! yeah!!! blog on, blogmama!

Anonymous said...

LauraH? Even your screen name is married!

jd said...

yay! blogs!